Monday, January 28, 2008

Out of boredom

It is Monday morning and I am wondering what I did over the weekend, did I hang out and enjoy life? Did I take rest sitting all day and doing nothing? I did the unthinkable this Saturday, I got up at 5:40am, and I haven’t done that on a weekday for a long time now. Anyway the rhythmic buzzing of mosquitoes was too much for me to handle and I got up. With India playing test cricket in Australia , the question of “now what??” was answered quickly and I settled down to watch India ’s comic performance. It was a day Hayden went about his planned assassination of Indian attack. It ended with a brilliant dismissal of what seemed like good bowling, but in reality it was more like sheer dumb luck. It was then I realized that there weren’t any mosquitoes in the hall!!! Strange, just a few feet away I was mobbed by them out of my sleep, and here I am all comfortable with no bugging insects. I was planning on going back to sleep, so didn’t bother brushing my teeth yet. Soon, it was lunch in Australia , and with two options in sight – sleep or breakfast – I chose breakfast. It’s impossible to sleep when you are hungry.

The caretaker did a double take when he saw me early in the morning; I could feel his eyes boring through me as I walked towards my bike. The caretaker was discreet in showing his surprise, the people at Brindavan were much more open. As many as four people asked me what was wrong when I went there for breakfast! They were interested to know why I was in the hotel at 7:40 am on a Saturday morning, when for over two years now, we always landed there only for lunch with our just out of bed looks.

My god, what people have to go through for getting up early? Even my mother was surprised to hear this. I had to endure three calls that day explaining that there was nothing wrong and it was the mosquitoes which woke up. hmm.. I am getting a better mosquito repellent, this goodnight/odomos isn’t working in the wee hours of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home