Thursday, October 04, 2007

Twinkle twinkle

Be it apple ipod/iphone, xbox , playstation 2/3 or other non-techy stuff temptations are everywhere, more so when you are not stable yourselves. I bought a mp3 player a year ago which I hardly use now. A seven hole flute is staring at me everyday from my cupboard. The carom-board hasn’t been moved from its place in the hall since may/june when Sathyavan sai paid us a visit. The less clearer your priorities are, the more you will fall to temptations, it also depends on the available cash in hand or in my case the credit card in hand. Four years back I walked out of a ‘get together’ just because my friends took me to Coffe-day at Isphani centre in Chennai instead of some other place when I had only fifteen rupees – enough to take me home. Now I haven’t yet estimated how many-if not thousands- hundreds of rupees has gone on coffee with friends @barista. Mr.Executive has a super costly headphone, so do pardesi babu and me. I bought mine when the old one was working perfectly.

As far I know we are the only roommates who have ‘get-together’ every time we travel to Chennai. The countless auto drivers we have fought with for raising the fare by five rupees while we had bun/vegetables for two hundred rupees (sub – translation for pardesi babu). It is high time we train ourselves to ignore flashy things which pop up everywhere, learn to ignore temptations, live with it than to solve it.

Ps: me looking out latest cheapest laptop now .. it doesn’t seem to stop ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home