Monday, January 08, 2007

Why did they leave me

The giraffe looks down at me. I too look down at it, I am not going to ‘look up to’ a giraffe – no way. I take it he liked me very much, but I am not for this kind of friendship. My life began here. The only thing I know about this place is this room or whatever. It has vertical bars of some material. Five years back it was huge, then as time progressed it has decreased in size, now it is barely enough for me. I don’t why I am here, I keep asking the guy who feeds me, but he just moves away whenever I go closer. Every day when the red ball of light is about rising there in the distance, this guy opens the bars, it opens only for him, I tried many times, it does not open for me. Maybe it recognizes him like a mother would recognize its son. Maybe it is his mother. So when he opens the bars I go out. I have a wonderful time outside, I try to make friends with everyone. Many people come and stand near the wall, I invite them all, I call them, but they never come

:-( , they just stand there, some of them have a black thing in their hand and light comes out of them, I asked them to lend it to me, but they ignore me all together. These humans are bad, here I am inviting them, call out to them, asking them for help, and all they do is ignore me. The only one who is ready to talk to me is the giraffe in the adjacent place. Whenever I am outside he comes near my wall and shows his tongue to me. I too show my tongue in response. Then when the light ball is about to fall off on the other side the man once again opens the bars, he keeps some food inside thinking that I will go in because of the food, again stupid human, I go in because the light ball is gone, there wont be any light here, I can see even without the light but the humans go away, my friend giraffe also goes to sleep, so I too go inside, the human is happy that I have gone inside and he closes it, again with some magic, his mother recognizes him.

Then one day a new human comes near my place, he is dressed neatly, he is fairer than the other usual human, but he has a strange object in his hand. I am not sure what that object is, he brought the object to his face, he clutched it in a weird manner and then a big sound came and I felt a sharp pain near my back, I looked around. It was brightly coloured thing which was pinching me, I reached out to remove it, I could not. Then I started feeling sleepy, it was weird I normally don’t sleep till it is dark, I couldn’t resist the sleepiness, I turned and asked the human what it was, once again the big sound and sharp pain, I decided it was the ill omen of the new human that whenever I looked at him I felt this sharp pain. I decided not to do it anymore and went to sleep. I don’t remember how long I slept, but when I woke up I was no longer in the same place, this place was different, this wasn’t the usual place, there was no sign of the wall or the human who gave me food. There were tree all around, I looked around, I saw the human with the strange object, I turned quickly to avoid that sharp pain, it worked I had no pain, I looked at some other people who were there, they saw me, got into their vehicle and it moved away. “Wait!! Wait !!..where are you guys going, where is my food, I am hungry .. aahh … they left me here in this strange place, what would I do here, I have no food, I don’t even know what it was it tasted good, how will I get it here, may be some human will come here and give it to me. I will wait till then.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 pm , Blogger Priyadarshini said...

Interesting :) but what animal were u exactly?

 
At 1:19 pm , Blogger Ramakrishna said...

i started writing thinking about tigers .. but ended up saying nothing about the animal because as i said .. he doesnt know who he is .. probably only out of place thing is the giraffe ..whose name alone he knows..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home