Monday, May 15, 2006

Potter mania

I am not a potter maniac but if maniac is someone who has read a book more than twice then I am one. It all started some two years back when I saw my friend reading a Harry potter book in the bus. I asked him what the story was about. From what he told me I took that it was a well written book for children telling the story of a boy wizard. Since I had no other better work to do, I borrowed a book from him. It was the third part “ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”. That day another harry potter fan was born. Since I didn’t know what the previous parts were about I read those shortly. Then came the fourth, fifth and the last one “harry potter and the half blood prince” . But I couldn’t resist reading it all again so I read them again and again and again until finally I couldn’t do more because I knew too much so that I could tell the next lines so left it finally. Then I started watching the movies. The movie doesn’t give you the same excitement as the book does. Anyone who has read the first five books has a lot of doubts to ask. There are a lot of unconnected parts in the plot. All these are made clear in the sixth. The true colours of professor snape is out.

I believed the spell names had a logic behind them but the exact meaning I learnt from a blog one of my friends sent me . http://abhisconfab.blogspot.com/ It is really well written one and almost all the spells are covered in it. One thing which the harry potter series shows is that heroes are not ones who are brilliant in everything. It is clearly evident that harry potter doesn’t even know most of the spells, his friend Hermione does a very good job of teaching him many spells. Infact he is bad at his studies, manages to just scrape through every year. The only thing he is good at is Quiddich – a game played by wizards. The depiction of Hogwarts- the wizard school is brilliant. It requires great imagination to think of such things which at present I cant even dream about, but nonetheless it is worth reading the harry potter series even though they are a bit on the larger size.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 4:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home